Shift Hours: Full Time –
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our team in Blakeney.
Chosen Care provide support to adults with Mental Health conditions, Learning Disabilities and other complex needs. We focus on individualised packages of support to enable people to reach their goals of achieving and sustaining their level of independence, this is through community inclusion and partnership and working closely with community teams.
Our Yew Tree House property supports 9 adults with varying needs such as mental health conditions, epilepsy, physical disabilities, acquired brain injuries and learning disabilities. Days are spent supporting people to learn new skills or to find motivation to regain lost skills. This may be shopping, cooking, budgeting and other daily living skills. Our staff also support to attend to community responsibilities, such as medical appointments, attending college or voluntary positions or maybe just popping to town for window shopping and a cuppa. When not out and about staff are on hand for chats and advice to help when times become challenging.
The role is a full time position (37.5 hours) and shifts will be over a 7 day rota.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Support Staff do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive annual salary of £22k
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
The Team Leader Role
As a Team Leader, you will promote and ensure that the company vision of person-centred support is implemented whilst maintaining an individual’s potential and independence. You will be a front-line manager, whilst also ensuring all necessary back office duties are completed within compliance.
A Team Leader is required to respect and work cooperatively with others, enabling the people we support to live in their own home or within their local community with dignity and confidence. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the manager in staff development and delivery of training.
- Leading the staff in promoting each client’s well-being, safety and quality of life.
- Monitor and assist the effective delivery of group and individual activities within homes that address agreed client goals and the progress of clients against agreed outcome and well-being measures.
- Ensure that liaison with external parties within their areas of responsibility is coordinated effectively with the home manager to ensure that communication is effective and consistent within the home.
- Work in accordance with Company values, policies and procedures, legislation and national minimum standards.
- Meet agreed individual annual objectives.
- Promote each client’s well-being, safety and quality of life
The most important qualities needed are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have a minimum of a Level 3 NVQ/QCF in Health and Social Care
- Experience of leading, supervising and motivating a team
- Experience of auditing and quality monitoring
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.