Working as part of the transport team in achieving divisional targets you will provide a first class, on time and friendly delivery service to all customers and suppliers. Reporting to the Transport Manager, the role will involve moving vehicles around the yard and loading them ready for delivery, ensuring all stock is bulked up and shrink-wrapped.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be aware and adhere to all driving legislation required for driving a LGV vehicle and follow all Health & Safety procedures and be responsible for your own and other people’s Health and Safety.
- You will comply at all times with all relevant legislation in food safety and chill chain standards and ensure that the fridge is set to the correct temperature for the job being done.
- Ensure that your vehicle is maintained in a safe and clean condition by doing all safety checks and filling in your defect book.
- To ensure the security of all company property that is under your charge and collect all empty equipment from the customer.
- You must co-operate fully with the driver debrief procedure and undertake any other duties that may prove necessary.
It is essential that you hold a Counterbalance Forklift licence, Class 1 Driving Licence, and full CPC training. Experience of working in a similar role, liaising with customers, strong map reading abilities and multi-drop experience is desirable.
We look forward to you joining the BEST team!
Shift Hours: 48 hours per week hrs per week (48 hours per week over 5 days which may include public holidays. Typical start time between 03:00am – 06:00am.)