Shift hours: Part Time
To provide a professional & courteous service from the reception desk for BAE staff based at Portsdown Technology Park including their clients & customers.
- Accountabilities or “What you have to do”
- It is expected that the job holder will communicate well with all BAE staff and their visitors and demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times.
- A professional attitude must be displayed at all times and this includes wearing appropriate dress and being well presented.
- The attendance and receipt of any job-related training and any other reasonable duties that are required by the business. Training may involve travelling to venues based off site.
- It is expected the job holder will report to the supervisor/manager should any problems arise that requires their assistance. As the supervisor/manager are based off site you can do this via telephone or email.
- Although your contracted hours will be from 12:30 – 17:30 5hrs it will be a requirement to provide cover during periods of holidays and sickness – which would increase your hours during such times.
- It is a necessity that you are flexible with your times as when the client has a VIP visit they may require you to work extended hours – you would be given notice of such times.
- To fulfil any reasonable management request from Sodexo line manager.
- To report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate or possible.
- Booking in visitors prior to arrival on site, so that the security officers on site are able to issue visitor passes upon their arrival.
- Assist with the reservation and management of conference rooms.
- Ensure that the reception always remains clean, tidy, litter free and that any discrepancies are reported to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Receiving letters and packages from Royal Mail, couriers etc. Sorting accordingly and contacting the recipient when necessary and arranging for the collection or safe storage of the items.
- Answering all incoming and outgoing calls on the switchboard and directing them to the right person.
- Update and maintain the switchboard directory with correct information.
- To take messages and pass on where and when necessary, for other Sodexo staff members.
- Complete any SHE reporting as instructed.
- Personal mobile phones must be switched off or kept on silent during working hours.
- A pleasant, friendly and polite telephone manner
- Good communications skills
- High levels of appearance and personal hygiene
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office software
- A minimum of a basic qualification in Literacy & Numeracy
- Be able to work in a team and alone when necessary
- Flexibility with working hours
- Full security clearance will be required prior to starting (this will include DBS disclosure certificate)
- Training will be given if necessary
- Previous experience, but not necessary, as full training will be given
- Experience in operating a switchboard, but full training will be given
Location: Portsmouth, England