Salary: £34,043 rising to £37,605 plus free rail travel
Shift Hours: Full Time
To lead and direct a highly effective and motivated team who are dedicated to the reduction of crime, anti-social behaviour and fare evasion to ensure the security of our railway by conducting high visibility patrol on our trains, at our stations and working in partnership with other departments and outside agencies.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must declare all criminal history including arrested, summoned, charged, cautioned or convicted offences including traffic related offences whether as an adult or a juvenile on their application form.
In addition successful candidates will be subject to NPPV Level 2 Vetting undertaken by the British Transport Police.
You will work a varied shift pattern that will include weekends, bank holidays and nights. Applicants not living locally to the advertised depot are strongly recommended to have their own transport to enable them to meet the shifts requirements. You may be required to start work as early as 0600 hrs and finish as late as 0200 hrs. Your working rota will be 1 week of early shifts and 3 weeks of late shifts.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience of leading and managing a team
- Previous experience of working in an environment with a high level of customer contact
- Previous experience working in an enforcement environment and dealing with conflict
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to write reports
- Excellent verbal communication and motivation skills
- Previous Office experience an advantage
- Computer literate, knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
You need to live within a 45 minute commutable distance to the station that you are applying for. If you do not live within the required distance, your application will be withdrawn.