Salary: Up to £45,000 dependent on experience
You will provide support and resource:
- Internal Audit team in support of their assessments of the Society’s operational and financial management activities,.
- For executing independent reviews of the efficiency and effectiveness of risk management and controls associated with these functions.
As directed, you will work with department Audit Managers or independently on engagements to ensure audit assessments are completed in accordance with requirements and address key risk areas.
You will have the opportunity to interface with the Society’s senior management and leadership team. You will play a key role in collaborating with these stakeholders to ensure that risks are effectively managed and a robust control environment is maintained across the Society’s Customer Operations and Finance functions.
This critical role will require the identification and reporting of areas of deficiency in support of delivery of the internal audit plan and a requirement to make impactful recommendations to improve the Society’s internal risk management and control environment.
- Recognised CCAB qualification associated with financial accounting, auditing and management
- Internal / external audit experience including experience of involvement in delivering assurance reviews to time and quality
- Experience in working with other Internal Audit staff
- Broad experience of preparing high quality audit reports and papers for senior management review
- Appreciation of financial services regulation and expectations
If you feel you have the right experience and skills and want to make a positive contribution to the continued success of the Coventry then please apply today!
Coventry Building Society has grown into the second largest building society in the UK. We’re a national society, with local values and loyalty, and a caring family ethos.
The best way to judge a company is based on what the people who work there say. Our recent employee survey rated us Number 2 in the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For list. We offer not only fulfilling jobs and exciting career opportunities but a place where everyone can be long and feel proud to work. What makes us such a rich and progressive place to work is the huge variety of people that make up our workforce.
We’ve got a whole range of different ways to support you, both in your role and wider wellbeing. Our flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies also help to make sure you’re happy and in control of your work-life balance.
As an employee, we encourage you to take control of your career. We invest in our people, with regular opportunities for training and development. And later, if you’re looking for a new challenge, we actively champion internal progression.
Location: Coventry-Binley Business Park