** Remote/home working allowed with occasional visits to either our Central London or Folkestone, Kent office so this role will suit candidates in a commutable distance **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a graduate or recent graduate to join us as a Pricing Analyst in our Pricing & Actuarial department. In any insurance business, strength in pricing is a key determinant of success and in the data and technology enabled markets of today, pricing accuracy and agility are musts.
In this role, you will work closely with your immediate pricing team to develop and monitor pricing models; prepare data for modelling, select, and apply appropriate statistical techniques and make judgements and recommendations for price changes. You will also interact with colleagues in the Product, Marketing, Finance, and IT (Information Technology) (Information Technology) areas to find commercial opportunities where pricing knowledge can help deliver business goals. You will primarily be working on home insurance with opportunities on motor and other personal lines.
This fantastic role is complex, challenging and can make a key difference to the future profitability of the company. You can expect from the outset to be making real contributions on a variety of different projects.
You will have strong A-Levels in Maths, Statistics or equivalent and a Maths based degree. You will bring an understanding of how to organise data so that it can be used to identify trends and anomalies and numerical reasoning skills to be able to explain observed trends in data with logical argument.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Proactively use data to find areas of opportunity to drive commercial value and competitive advantage, delivering profitable growth for Saga’s insurance business
- Model, interpret and monitor business data to identify and confirm market trends, product opportunities and new / changing rating factors
- Assist in development of pricing models for deployment to the rating system, making best use of Radar and other software tools
- Make recommendations to pricing leads based on your analysis
- Mine, extract and interpret data to bring out insights, using innovative techniques, including machine learning
- Understanding of how to organise data so that it can be used to identify trends and anomalies
- Numerical reasoning skills to be able to explain observed trends in data with logical argument
- Critical thinking skills to assimilate information from various sources to form and prove hypotheses and use judgement and all available information to test and validate hypotheses
- Use estimates, judgement, and risk-based assessments to make recommendations for action even in the absence of full information
- Commercial awareness; be able to articulate the financial impacts of your work
- Customer focus: demonstrate that you have considered the customer impact of your work
- Degree in a mathematical or scientific subject would be preferred
- Strong A-Levels in Maths, Statistics or equivalent
- Knowledge of Radar, Emblem or similar systems and programming languages such as SQL and R would be an advantage
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/89/1342