Salary: Attractive salary plus benefits
Overall operational responsibility for the Plant, including all products, services and people, leading a wider team, with a strong focus on Health and Safety to ensure that the site remains fully operational, minimising downtime and maximises efficiencies to agreed standards, targets and specifications.
Warehousing, and Production will report directly into the Operations Manager
- To maximise throughput and increase productivity on the plant at an agreed level that meets quality, service and specification needs.
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop team, encouraging collaboration and buy in to business goals and objectives, information sharing, improving morale, and developing and implementing strategies that promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Developing an effective way of managing problem solving, debottlenecking and general improvement on site, utilising a variety of proven approach methods, including but not limited to; lean manufacturing, TPS, 5S, SMED, SPC, and Six Sigma.
- Ensuring that the wider team meets product quality requirements and dealing with any customer complaints/issues in an timely and effective manner.
- Adopting a personal approach to Management that portrays high levels of energy, resiliency, self-control, leadership and passion.
- Inventory management including raw material, WIP and finished goods.
- To promote communication to the wider team through various communication initiatives, i.e. Team Briefings, communication boards.
- To attend Company Management Meetings and contribute with feedback in relation to the sites individual performance.
- Scheduling production plans and allocating resources including manpower to meet sales requirements.
- To understand the Company values and adopt a method of working that promotes these values on a daily basis:
- Build effective, long-term relationships with team based on trust and respect. Encouraging the development and training of all team members, sharing vision, goals, responsibilities and accountabilities. Encouraging the wider team to perform to the very best of their capabilities and to provide an environment that offers them the ability to do so, driving performance.
- Leading by example, creating an environment that promotes constructive challenge in order to continually improve performance and maximize potential and contribution, through ‘best practice’, good business ethics and cultural awareness.
- Sharing own knowledge, skills and experience with the wider team in relation to Machinery/Chemical and complex maintenance to assist the team meet site targets, goals.
- Overall supervision of wider team to ensure that operations of machinery and equipment are done at in a timely manner, meeting agreed standards: including start-ups, shut downs and maintaining operations at the agreed level, maximising productivity
- Ensure that you help your team achieve targets, yields, specifications and quality standards by performing your tasks with the greatest care and attention.
- Any operations involving chemicals, to be performed only when trained to do so
- To ensure that you wear the correct PPE at all times when performing operations in any area of the plant and to police the correct wearing of PPE with team members.
- To report all near misses, accidents and faulty equipment/machinery to the appropriate personnel immediately.
- Liaising with the HR department on all personnel related topics included but not limited to: recruitment, competency, welfare, manning levels, labour costs and absence.
- Managing teams absence in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Liaising with HR on all personnel related topics including but not limited to; disciplinary, investigations, Welfares, probationary and performance reviews .
- Maintaining correct manning levels for team, liaising with HR on all manning requirements, including recruitment/selection & induction.
- Ensuring that new starters are adequately trained to an acceptable standard and competent to perform the duties assigned.
- To ensure that all team are trained and developed to their best ability on all areas of the plant, in line with pre-determined competency framework.
- To attend and obtain a suitable qualification in Health & Safety, for example: IOSH (Institutional of Occupational Safety & Health)
- Managing performance of team through informal and formal feedback sessions, encouraging praise and reward with team members who excel in performance and working with HR to manage those who under perform.
- University degree – ideally in Chemical, Mechanical, Mining Engineering, or Industrial Production Management.
- A minimum of five years of management experience in an industrial manufacturing environment. This experience would include multi shift operations managing over 50 people, producing a tangible products.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
- IOSH Managing Safely
Hours per week: 40