Salary: Attractive salary plus great benefits
The role of Operations Manager at a recently developed recycling plant in the West Midlands is broad in its requirements and provides a challenging but rewarding working environment.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Invenens, the successful candidate will be required to adopt a continuous improvement approach, and be responsible for ensuring safe, environmentally sound, efficient and productive operations within the area of responsibility and for meeting operational and product quality targets.
Management of P&L (turnover value of >£10m). Manage and control the Operations budget and ensure profit margins are maintained
- Proactive Identification and delivery of business improvement initiatives focused on operational processes and systems, H&S, people, sustainability and growth
- Maintenance and operational knowledge and experience of significant capital assets.
- Project management to growth/expansion strategies and ISO certification.
- Accountable for implementation of new Inventory and Quality Management processes and systems.
- Leading and developing your workforce through your adaptive management style –You’re not afraid to roll your sleeves up and lead by example, and you appreciate that different people respond positively to different approaches.
- Encouraging collaboration with your team through many employee voice channels – You are a true believer that the best answers come from those who are living and breathing the operation.
- Making sure our people and operation is carried out safely – Safety is just the way you approach your work. You look to inspire a culture of safe working and your people believe SHE forms part of their role.
- Implements lean management and continuous improvement techniques– Inspiring others to reduce waste and improve productivity within the workforce
- Customer focused approach, accountable for optimal service delivery, with business excellence at the forefront of a successful operation
- You have a strong track record of achievement in Operational Management within your industry
- Your track record demonstrates that you are motivated and driven to achieve increased efficiencies, reduced costs, and improved outcomes in all operational areas
- You’re experienced in managing a dynamic team, and your management style is collaborative and including.
- You will have good project management/ change management experience which has seen you make some value-added changes in your past.
- You will be able to develop strategies and plans to achieve strategic outcomes and influencing the wider business in operations.
- You are a true advocate for Customer Service and making your operation a success, ensuring business excellence and service delivery is best in class
Hours per week: 45