Our LGV Drivers do more than a ‘driving job’. It’s about ensuring our customers get the best impression of our organisation. You are the ‘face’ of our business, not just our delivery driver.
It’s all about making a good impression with your appearance, manner and the look of your vehicle. Ensuring goods are delivered ON TIME within the WINDOW, in a first class condition, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving everyone you meet with a really positive impression of you and our business.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Deliver products to our customers, intact, on time and in full as per the delivery schedule
- Completion of documentation such as delivery notes, credits and collections
- Adhere to all Driving Legislation and Working Time Regulations
- Follow Health and Safety procedures and be responsible for your own and other’s Health and Safety
- Full compliance of Food safety Legislation and Chill Chain Standards
- Ensure LGV is maintained and safe e.g. safety checks and completion of defect book
- Collect all empty equipment from the customer
- Cooperate fully with the driver debrief procedure and undertake any other duties as directed by the Shift Management team
This is a demanding, but rewarding role involving manual handling and multi-drop deliveries. You should therefore be confident to drive and deliver to various outlets throughout the UK.
It is essential that you hold a current LGV Class 2 driving licence.
CPC training will be provided for those without a CPC card.
Applications from newly qualified Drivers welcome. We look forward to you joining the BEST team!
Shift Hours: 48 hours per week hrs per week (48 hours per week over 4 days which may include Saturdays and public holidays. Typical start time between 03:00am – 06:00am.)