Salary: From £10.20ph weekdays – From £12.75ph weekends (weekend rate includes shift premium)
Working as a key member of the Total Preventative Maintenance team, the General Maintenance Operative will ensure machinery is kept in good condition and maintained to a high standard.
They will work to current safe working procedures and work instructions, ensuring compliance in all areas to meet set agreed tasks, whilst promoting a safe working environment.
- Machine maintenance preparation: removal of machine guards, greasing and machine oil top ups
- To participate positively in continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping and plant hygiene
- Authorised to stop plant or machinery in circumstances where safety is at risk or the damage to plant is at risk
- To buddy new employees to share knowledge of the job and plant
- Maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Report any defects to the Team Leader
- To ensure effective handover of area between shifts
- To constructively participate in toolbox talks
- Can you work safely and effectively in a large industrial environment?
- Are you organised adaptable to meet business priorities?
- Do you have a ‘can do’ attitude?
- Can you work weekends?
- Can you travel to and from the depot without difficulty?
Hours per week: 40