Shift hours: Permanent
General Manager – London
At RA Venues, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK’s leading cultural and heritage destinations. We celebrate great food and legendary service across our portfolio of clients.
We are looking for a talented and experienced General Manager to join our team at this prestigious contract based in the city of London.
The General Manager will thrive on getting the best out of people and maximising commercial opportunities. You are drawn to satisfaction from managing, training and supporting your team. You will support your team in providing a professional hospitality experience across both Public Catering and Conference and Events, ensuring that the venue and company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met.
- Ensure the venue is managed with a motivated, trained team with the appropriate skills to ensure budget targets are achieved.
- To be the key liaison for all clients, to ensure we exceed and manage their expectations.
- To manage the operational team to ensure that every sales opportunity is taken to ‘up sell’ to our customers depending on the profile of event.
- Manages all aspects of labour scheduling, and addresses forecasting and actual labour spends. To ensure you have all staffing numbers for future events up to three months in advance.
- You demonstrate excellent control of all operating costs in line with set targets. Bring new and innovative ideas keeping up to date with trends.
- Overall management and accountability for forecasting/ budgeting and delivery.
- To deliver the venue growth strategy working in partnership with our client.
- Manage the Venue in accordance with and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland and to be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of the contract.
- Maintain and develop client relationship.
- Customer focused and financially astute to achieve company and client commercial objectives in line with net growth and retention targets.
- Excel and lead by example in the areas of operational excellence, financial performance, health and safety along with customer and client satisfaction.
As the General Manager you will ideally have a successful background in high quality conference and event catering, you see and treat your current location as your own business, using your entrepreneurial skills to create a thriving and successful working environment.
We work in total partnership with our clients and you will be the key person to ensuring that the venues aspirations and visions are realised. You will be driven to ensure we deliver 5 star service to all of our customers across all revenue streams.
You possess excellent management and communication skills, have a good understanding of report writing and financial management, and be able to demonstrate your analytical approach to problem solving. You will have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service and be financially and commercially astute.