At J B Riney, our people are our company – the way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work. J B Riney is a long established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services and a customer focused delivery.
We are currently looking for an experienced Fitter to join our friendly operational team in Bow, Greater London. We have a large range of road surfacing equipment which requires schedule servicing, preventative maintenance, and major repairs.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Plant and Transportation Manager you will be expected to carry out the following.
- Diagnose faults and carry out repairs on pavers and rollers in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety standards are complied with.
- Be prepared to work with 24/7 callouts when working nights
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate previous experience of working as fitter and have a good knowledge and understanding of road surfacing equipment. Ideally you will be apprentice trained in construction/ maintenance or be a time served mechanical fitter. You must be able to have excellent communication skills and work well as a team. Experience of welding is ideal.
- Recognised apprenticeship preferably a higher-level standard.
- Experience of maintaining 161 rollers and pavers and additional road surfacing machinery etc.
- NVQ level 3 Trained
- Full UK driving license.
- First Aider
- Basic IT skills are required
- Be flexible with working approach
Location: London, London, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/102/1361