Salary: £15-17.50ph + shift allowance
Working as a key member of the maintenance team, the post holder will support the continued production of their allocated shift by performing reactive maintenance duties with the ability to have good fault-finding methodology. Performing set maintenance tasks in line with Planned Maintenance schedules. Participate in new machine and plant installation. Have a Team Work Ethic and show flexibility when your presence is needed to support.
Working to current safe working procedures and work instructions.
Ensuring compliance in all areas to meet customer quality standards, whilst promoting a safe working environment.
- To take responsibility for their own and others safety through safe working practices
- Perform a range of electrical activities 3 phase knowledge and methodical fault-finding abilities to support continuous production performance.
- Perform a range of electrical activities such as electrical installations, repairs and renovations, covering pumps, motors, electrical circuitry and instrumentation inclusive of PLC knowledge.
- Responsibility for wiring of high value equipment.
- Work to scheduled planned maintenance tasks and ensure they are completed on time.
- To participate positively in continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping and plant hygiene
- Authorised to stop plant or machinery in circumstances where safety of personnel or contractors is at risk or the damage to plant is a possibility.
- To buddy new employees to share knowledge of the job and plant
- Keep Maintenance/performance records
- Maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Previous experience of factory work or physically demanding environments with electrical qualifications relevant to the machinery and plant at EMR Oldbury.
- Previous experience of working on heavy machinery and plant involving 3 phase and PLC knowledge.
- Able to read instruction manuals and circuitry diagrams including PLC’s and interpret to correct issues and faults.
- Electrically competent and time served.
- Experience of having actively participated in team briefings or involvement in continuous improvement and new plant installations.
Hours per week: 42