About the role;
Sense College, Loughborough are recruiting a Data and Information Officer to join the team on a permanent basis working 36 hours a week. You will be responsible for the college’s database, ensuring the data is accurate, being the day to day contact for help, queries and getting colleagues the information they need. You will be responsible for submitting critical data returns to funding bodies and producing college data and information in user-friendly formats so we can review college performance.
We are a small specialist college based in the heart of the East Midlands, offering daytime services to young people with a wide range of disabilities.
Our students have a range of disabilities including autism, communication problems, sight loss, learning difficulties and physical disabilities. Our aim is to help every one of our students prepare for adult life.
- Successfully submit critical returns as per the national schedule of deadlines throughout the year.
- Collate and co-ordinate data and produce, clear, accurate and sense-checked reports, of a high standard in a timely manner for CMT, governors and other stakeholders as requested.
- Responsible for ensuring the College Dashboard and College KPI sheet are kept up to date with accurate data in a timely manner for CMT and governors meetings.
- Proactively identify management information which will help with the efficiency and effectiveness of the College, College working groups and sub-committees.
- Be the main contact for Databridge MIS Ltd with responsibility for liaising on support issues or system developments, as well as facilitating meetings and updates.
- Provide training and day to day support to staff in the use of our database (Databridge) and to provide first line response for associated queries and/or requests.
- To develop links and relationships with key internal and external stakeholders responsible for college data management and other external professionals to ensure continuing professional development and to keep abreast of new requirements and solutions for effective management of data.
- Accurately and effectively input, update and regularly reconcile data records to ensure a high level of general data quality is maintained at all times.
- Maintain effective and efficient systems and procedures to ensure compliance with contractual and audit requirements.
- Ensure that the processing and storage of data is compliant with relevant legislation and is fully secure at all times.
- Support colleagues, proactively working with them to access and understand College data so that it can help them to do their role more effectively.
- Produce reports for staff to track student development.
- Collate the results of stakeholder annual questionnaires and adhoc surveys and provide an analysis and lay person overview.
- An awareness of multi-sensory and complex needs
- Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
- A good level of general education including Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy as a minimum.
- Experience of using databases and spreadsheets to extract and manipulate data
- Excellent IT skills, specifically in the use of spreadsheets, Databases and other MS Office applications and the ability to use them to collate, manipulate and present data.
- An ability to convey complex data into easily understandable, readable and informative information (concise reports, charts and graphs.)
- Possess a, supportive, helpful approach when working with people to problem solve and resolve queries.
- Being proactive, helping others to understand and interpret data.
- An ability to work on your own initiative, to take responsibilities for own actions and independently plan and prioritise work.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated
Admin and Secretarial