Salary: £9.01 per hour – Total Vacancy Hours: 16.50
Shift hours: Part Time
Our Customer Service Assistants are integral to the success of our business. You will likely be the first person that our customers meet and the service you provide is key in ensuring that they return to shop with us time and time again.
This doesn’t just mean being friendly and helpful during your conversations with customers on the shopfloor. It also means serving on the till, ensuring the shelves are well-stocked, as well as following procedures and undertaking checks so that our stores trade safely and legally.
As a Customer Service Assistant you’ll be part of a skilled, engaged and diverse team. We’re proud of our colleagues who work hard to support each other, their branch’s success and the local communities they serve.
Food retail is fast-paced and constantly evolving; you are unlikely to have two days the same and this is what makes working in our stores exciting! Whilst you don’t need to have worked in this environment before, you’ll need to show a flexible approach and a commitment to providing great customer service. We are truly local, so you can work safe in the knowledge that you will be fully supported by nearby stores and Head Office colleagues, as well as your in-store team.
- Driving and undertaking delivered for our home delivery service
- Offering a friendly and helpful service to our members and customers
- Making sure the store is well-stocked with products available for customers
- Build relationships with other stores and colleagues and the local community
- Working safely and legally, including processing age-related sales
- Promoting membership
We’re pleased to offer a home delivery service in a number of our stores which is operated by our in-house teams. If there is any requirement to drive and undertake deliveries as part of this role, this will be discussed with you as part of the recruitment process.
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- Genuine commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible, hard-working and confident
- Basic level of numeracy and literacy
- Basic IT literacy
Location: 61 Mersea Road, Colchester