Salary: Competitive plus free rail travel
Shift Hours: Full Time
In this role you will be ensuring that the overall competence assessment of engineering colleagues is conducted in accordance with Railway Group Standards and Southeastern Competence Management Systems.
You will be responsible for the assessment, mentoring & development of engineering colleagues and ensuring that the knowledge of the assessors is to a higher standard than those they may assess, also undertake mentoring assessments of all maintenance assessors ensuring standards are maintained across all locations
You will also undertake / assist in maintenance incident investigations and be responsible for reporting any lapses in competence to the relevant Line Manager.
To excel in this role, ideally you will need to demonstrate the following;
- Experience in an engineering maintenance role
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship framework (Level 3) or equivalent
- Holder of a current licence to maintain with no record of incident for 3 years
- Must have excellent knowledge of rolling stock systems, engineering procedures and standards.
- Must hold or be working towards assessor’s qualification TAQA
- Good personal organisational skills.
- Proven ability to communicate and influence
- Good numerical skills
- Excellent computing skills and ability to use Microsoft Office computer applications
- High level of attention to detail.
- Be empathetic and approachable, and supportive of colleagues.
- Resilient and self-motivated.