Salary: up to £25,000 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
We are currently recruiting a Chef Manager to deliver to up to 400 fresh food daily for the school children at Lammas School & 6th Form in Leyton.
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your culinary career and develop yours skills within a PFI contract. As a Chef Manager you will provide daily service delivery and production of high quality food, from daily student feeding to the set-up of exciting events within the school.
This position will suit an ambitious individual, who is skilled in fresh food delivery in large quantity, team management and customer service.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- To organise and be assisted with the preparation and presentation of all meals service
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements
- To organise any special function as required and to the correct standard, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours.
- To establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- To ensure that the Company’s accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down standard.
**A full list of responsibilities can be found in the attached job description**
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous catering experience and a Great Passion for Food and Team Engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer literacy
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated, sense of own initiative and the ability to meet target deadlines as set by the Account Manager
- Ability to work effectively as part of and in the development of a team with a flexible approach to role and to successfully implement change
- 706/2 or NVQ3 chef hospitality qualification, or equivalent
- Previous experience of catering management and employee engagement
- Experience of managing and developing a team in an educational establishment
- Gross Margin and Selling Price Calculations
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Good standard of financial acumen
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Location: Leyton, England