Shift hours: Permanent
Compass Group UK & Ireland is the world’s leading Caterer, feeding multiple demographics in a variety of different business sectors in restaurants & coffee shops in some of the most prestigious locations in the UK & Ireland. More than half of our revenue comes directly from consumers, making us a retail business the size of Greggs in the UK.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced account manager to join the business as strategic partner. In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
You will be responsible for the retention for the specific proportion of the Chartwells business, a key sector in the Compass Group UK & Ireland. Representing approximately £140m turnover and £10m PBIT, with a focus on the prevailing Retention Target for UK and Ireland, and the relevant sector specific target.
You will be building solid client relationships, determining winning strategies for the retention of the contracts within the sub sector portfolio, and negotiating profit levels that sustain budgeted PBIT contribution.
Responsible for identifying issues that may prevent a client from re-appointing Chartwells, or result in a client terminating their contract with Compass, and working with the Operations team to provide solutions to address such issues.
- Conduct client interviews with all client contacts at risk in the year within their identified portfolio
- Ensure a White Paper is in place for all Accounts within their portfolio
- Ensure a fully completed, accurate Relationship Matrix is in place for each account
- Identify the appropriate retention strategy for each client relevant to the timing of the contract renewal
- Identify potential opportunities to renew through PRE-EMPT and avoid re-tender, and the relevant MUST WIN that would be addressed for the client in the strategy proposed
- Identify client MUST WIN issues and communicate accordingly to sector BD/MD and operations team
- Gatekeeper for crafting of the winning strategy and coordination of relevant activity of Operations team.
- Oversee Bid Management team to produce concise and relevant proposal that clearly identifies the winning solution, based on the client’s Critical Business Issue and WITY/s.
- Lead the presentation team and direct all related activity, including presentation strategy and theme
- Actively seek out potential cross selling opportunities and work with Operations and Sales teams to maximise potential growth
- Identify and pursue opportunities to extend services in additional locations, geographies
- You will have strong account management skills and experience of working on bids and tenders.
- Experience in the education sector would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to enjoy challenging situations and a systematic and perfectionist approach to problem solving and a creative approach to challenge the norm.
- Strong attention to detail
Location: Chertsey, Surrey